The Ottawa Senators stayed in a playoff spot for only one night but they have a chance to move back in with a win tonight in Toronto against the Maple Leafs. The Senators have played the Maple Leafs twice so far this season, losing both games in a shootout.
There will be one change to the lineup with Matt Kassian coming in for Stéphane Da Costa, because MacLean gonna MacLean. Craig Anderson will get the start again. Here are the lines.
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Kassian - Smith - Neil
Conacher - Zibanejad - Condra
Cowen - Karlsson
Methot - Gryba
Wiercioch - Ceci
Some notes for tonight:
- The Senators had 50 shots against the Leafs in their last meeting and have had 86 shots in the two games against Toronto.
- The Leafs are 8-1-1 in their last 10 games. With just 28 games remaining and a decent gap, they just might make the playoffs again. They are currently six points ahead of Ottawa for third place in the Atlantic Division.
- Kyle Turris, Bobby Ryan and Clarke MacArthur are in a three way tie for second place in team scoring with 42 points. Erik Karlsson is a long way ahead at 51 points.
- Amazingly Chris Neil has one assist all season. He's on pace for 11 points this season. His one assist is tied with Kassian.
- Stephane Da Costa had been killing it in some easy minutes. His line with Cory Conacher and Erik Condra didn't allow an unblocked shot attempt until the third period. The Senators have just under 60% of the shot attempts with Da Costa on the ice this season.
- Does anyone else get the sense that the Senators were currently playing their best players at the moment?
- The Senators have three regulation losses in 24 games with Matt Kassian. They are also a perfect 5-0-0 when he fights. You don't win a Jack Adams being stupid kids. That is insight most of us can only dream of.
Here are some stats leaders for the two teams tonight.
|Goals||Bobby Ryan||20||Phil Kessel||27|
|Assists||Erik Karlsson||38||Phil Kessel||30|
|Points||Erik Karlsson||51||Phil Kessel||57|
|Shots||Erik Karlsson||169||Phil Kessel||212|
|Average Ice time||Erik Karlsson||27:22||Dion Phaneuf||24:26|
|Corsi Close %||51.7%||9th||43.1%||29th|
|Fenwick Close %||50.4%||16th||42.7%||29th|