A win today won't get the Senators into a playoff spot, but it could move them within a point, or be necessary to keep pace depending on the other games tonight. The Blue Jackets could move into the playoffs with a win tonight, again depending on other results, so it should be a game between two hungry opponents.
- There are 10 teams you could consider on the wild card bubble in the East right now, with only six points between the high and low points. Nine of those teams play tonight, in six games. It's an important night for some early score board watching.
- Craig Anderson has posted a SV% of 0.935 at 5 on 5 close since December 3rd. That would be good for 11th in the league if it were a full season percentage. Lehner? 0.950.
- Bobby Ryan has assists in the last two games, which is good, but it'd sure be nice to see him score some goals too.
- Erik Karlsson was kept off the score board that game. It's rare he goes two games in a row doing that.
- After 8 wins in a row, Columbus has now dropped 2 straight. Here's hoping for 3 in a row.
Here are some stats leaders for the two teams tonight.
|Goals||Bobby Ryan||19||Ryan Johansen||19|
|Assists||Erik Karlsson||37||James Wisniewski||27|
|Points||Erik Karlsson||49||Ryan Johansen||38|
|Shots||Erik Karlsson||161||Cam Atkinson||145|
|Average Ice time||Erik Karlsson||27:25||Jack Johnson||23:43|
|Corsi Close %||51.5%||12th||51.5%||11th|
|Fenwick Close %||50.3%||16th||50.9%||12th|