The results which would be optimal for the Senators are:
- Montreal over the Jets (though in my heart I'd like the Jets to win) as this clinches a playoff spot for the Sens and puts the Canadiens in 2nd
- Carolina over the Rangers (the Sens solidify our hold on 7th)
- Philly over the Islanders (the Isles are now tied with us in 6th)
- Tampa over Boston (Boston into 4th)
- Florida over the Leafs (the Leafs then within striking distance)
And, of course
Karlsson returns, scores 7, gets 4 assists, as the Sens win 12-1 over the Capitals. ;) Joking aside, this is a must win; if the Sens win tonight, the Jets can no longer catch us regardless how their game goes tonight.