Hopefully Stone plays on Wednesday so we get some new photos to use. - Mike Stobe
The Ottawa Senators recalled forward Mark Stone from the Binghamton Senators on Tuesday. He's expected to make his season debut against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Wednesday evening.
The future is now, it seems.
And if you weren't convinced with the previous inclusion of nine rookies (plus Robin Lehner and Andre Benoit, who aren't considered rookies due to technical reasons) on the roster, the re-introduction of yet another highly-touted prospect is proof positive: Mark Stone has been recalled by the Ottawa Senators, and is expected to make his season debut for the team on Wednesday night. (To make room for Stone and off-set his loss, the Sens sent Derek Grant back down to Bingo.)
Stone would likely have made his season debut in Ottawa previously, but suffered an ill-timed finger injury just after the NHL lockout ended. He's got 21P (8G, 13A) in 38GP this season with Bingo, including two assists in three games since returning from his injury. He's also a point-per-game player in the NHL; he had a memorable assist in his NHL debut last season.
It's unclear at this point who Stone's going to play with, but I'd wager he'll be put in a position to provide offence. He may be restricted to 12-15 minutes per game, similar to what Mika Zibanejad is getting, but he's likely to get some powerplay time as well as some supportive linemates. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the third line with Zack Smith, but he might also take a spot on Peter Regin's wing. Time will tell.
What are you expecting from Stone in his season debut? Just a solid, dependable effort? Or do you foresee immediate dividends in the form of an offensive boost? Share your two cents (rounded down to zero because fuck pennies) in the comments.
- Milan Michalek could be back in the lineup on Wednesday against the Leafs. (Sportsnet)
- Apparently Ottawa won't likely make a trade anytime soon. (Citizen)
- The latest prospect report from the Sens. This will have to tide you over until Bobby's is published... (Sens)
- Cody Ceci was named the Becker Shoes Attacker of the Week, which is a highly prestigious award. (Some weird local news site from Owen Sound)
- If you didn't dislike Peter Laviolette or Zac Rinaldo before, these comments may change your mind. (NJ.com)
- Jose Theodore is injured. Trade for a goalie? (Litter Box Cats)
- Cam Ward is injured. Trade for a goalie? (Puck Daddy)
- Keith Ballard is pissed off about being a healthy scratch. Trade for a defenceman? (Nucks Misconduct)
- The St. Louis Blues are in a tailspin, and David Perron might be on the outs. Trade for a left winger? (St. Louis Game Time)
- Bobby Butler is heading the the Nashville Predators. (On The Forecheck)