As I am sure you have all heard by nown, Iginla was traded to Pittsburgh for:
- Pittsburgh's 2013 first rounder
- Kenneth Agostino (C Drafted by Pittsburgh in 2010, 5th round)
- Ben Hanowski (C Drafted by Pittsburgh in 2009, 3rd round)
Both prospects are currently playing in the NCAA, Yale and St. Cloud respectively.
I wanted to ask you guys (Internet Superfans) what you think of the trade and what happens next
- Do either of those prospects play in the NHL?
- Does Iggy win a Cup with the Penguins this year, making that pick 30th overall?
- What happens to the Penguins payroll over the next couple of years and do you see any big names leaving? (Capgeek says 53.6M is already given to 16 players next year, and the year after they have 24.6M to 5 players and have to resign Malkin and almost their entire D core)
- If neither of these players play in the next year/that pick doesn't impress anybody, does Jay Feaster get fired over this?
My Thoughts: REALLY BAD trade for Calgary. There's a chance that none of those players (including the player drafted with that pick) play in the NHL. I like the trade though. Feaster just did the best he could for the long time captain and it's the same sort of trade that I would expect Bryan Murray to make if Alfie asked to be moved to a contender. WHICH WILL NEVER HAPPEN