Possibly the most intimidating sight in the known universe. - Paul Bereswill
Thanks for nothing, Ben Bishop
Lehner gets the start over Ben Bishop, who is coming off a masterful performance--a 44-save outright robbery of two points against the Montreal Canadiens. Bishop's 44 saves tied an Ottawa team record, but weren't enough to keep Lehner out of the net.
Bishop probably said something about Lehner being a great teammate and competition is great and everything is great while nervously looking around to see if Lehner was within earshot.
- Varada is unhappy with the Euge's outlandish bluster. I think Varada should lighten up. We all want people to not spew out the same cliches--until they do. (WTYKY)
- The Senators are okay with realignment, because they want more rivalry games (Senators Extra)
- Have you heard that the Senators are getting some decent goaltending this year? (Senators Extra)
- Despite the winning streak, the prediction panel has just one believer, and it's not Peter. (Senators Extra)
- Men don't celebrate. Unless they're, you know, not Russian. (Puck Daddy)
- Elliotte Friedman thinks realignment isn't a perfect plan just yet. Bonus Paulrus story included! (CBC)