Man, what I'd give for Hoss and Chara to be back on this team - Christian Petersen
Yesterday we let our hearts run free, expressing our feelings for any player in the NHL who revved our engine. Today, much more specifically, we look at former Senators.
Loved the discussion in yesterday's Nuggets. We had some predictable answers, some not-so-predictable answers and some really cool anecdotal stories about a couple players (Patrick Sharp and Dustin Byfuglian). There were plenty of votes for players like Pavel Datsyuk, but the name that popped up most frequently was Lightning super sniper Steven Stamkos. The Tif sums up why the best:
Hard to argue with that!
Today, for a more Senators flair, I'd like you to rank the 3 former Senators you miss the most, the ones you still cheer for to do well. Then, out of those three (or outside of those three), I'd like you to pick which one you think the Sens could REALLY use nowadays.
Dave's Answer: For me, #1 is easy, and that's Marian Hossa. I love the guy, and it makes me SO happy to see him doing well. #2 Would be Martin Havlat, he was one of my favourites, and we haven't had a young flashy forward like him since he left. #3 Is Zdeno Chara, how can you not miss one of the most dominant D-men in the league? Of those that have left, it is Chara who I think we could use right now. Imagine a pairing of Erik Karlsson and Zdeno Chara. Now take a cold shower.
Looking forward to your answers!
- Prediction Panel for tonight's game against the Capitals. Want to pick Ottawa, but the Caps always play so well against us. [SensExtra]
- Top 25 under 25 reaches Jean-Gabriel Pageau, one of my favourite prospects, at #18. [SSS]
- And you lucky readers get a double dose of Booby, as he gives a prospect roundup today as well! [SSS]
- Scoring chances from the game the other night against the Penguins. [6thSens]
- Mark Borowiecki made his home-ice debut the other night and played a solid game. Certainly enough to keep him in the lineup tonight. In addition, Andre Benoit is out, and Patrick Wiercioch is in. [SensExtra]
- The Senators recalled Mika Zibanejad, and the 6th Sens has more on the story and the timing of it. Turns out we will see Mika tonight, as Jason Spezza is out with an upper body injury. Kaspars Daugavins will also sit in favour of Daniel Alfredsson. [6thSens]
- We hear from him but once a year when he holds his hockey camp. Wayne Gretzky weighs in. He even gives Kyle Turris some love! [NHL]
- Puck Daddy has decided to run a feature that shows the leaders for different awards each week. Craig Anderson is at the top for Vezina and Erik Karlsson is third for Norris. [PD]