Love this guy. Who do you like? - Jonathan Daniel
Now that hockey is back and we are all settled in, I'd like to take a look at the league, and put out a question each day, see what your answers are!
I'm happy to say I'm finally, fully back in to hockey. I'm in a fantasy league (which helps), the Senators play almost every night (which is awesome) and Center Ice is on free preview right now, so I can watch games from around the league, whenever I'd like. It's beautiful, and I cannot believe I ever said I didn't really miss it.
Last night while watching the Red Wings and the Blackhawks play, I had this idea that would shape Nuggets this week. It will be a question (or two) about teams and players around the league, and I will put out my answers, and I really look forward to reading your responses. As is my custom, I'll put a few of the most well thought out responses in Nuggets the next day!
Today's question is this: Who is your favourite player to watch in the NHL? If it is a Senators player, indicate that, but try to also pick another player in the league.
Dave's Answer: Well hands down Erik Karlsson. He just does things no one else can do, and it is exciting every time he is on the ice. But following my own rules, I'd have to say Patrick Kane. He is so fast, so skilled and SO creative. I love to watch him work. He tries things that nobody else tries, and often pulls them off. His shootout goal with a million dekes last year and his spin-o-rama pass to Marian Hossa were my favourite two clips from last season. Love 'em.
- We may have lost both games that he has been in the lineup, but Mark Borowiecki is at #18 in our countdown. [SSS]
- Ups and Downs reaches week two. [SSS]
- Recaps of last nights skills competition loss to the Penguins. [SSS] [SensExtra]
- And a cool post-game report from James Gordon [SensExtra]
- Few days old, but the Scoring Chances from the game against the Lightning, highlighting what a rough game was had by Chris Phillips and Sergei Gonchar. [6thSens]
- WWL from Lambert this week has a very fair look at Alex Ovechkin before providing some great links from around the league. For Ottawa? Lambert heaps some love on Robin Lehner. [PD]
- The Sharks, and Patrick Marleau in particular, are off to a crazy start. [NHL]
- Maybe I just love this because I'm (soon to be) a teacher, but this an impressive flash mob from some school kids in Vancouver who want to see the end of bullying. [PD]