LOS ANGELES, CA - JUNE 25: (L-R) NHL prospects Tyler Seguin and Taylor Hall pose during the 2010 NHL Entry Draft at Staples Center on June 25, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)
On Friday, my lovely predecessor Adnan stepped back into the ring and pushed WIML to a new level by making the poll a 4-way fight. He looked at the roster for the upcoming season and thought that if highly touted rookies Jakob Silfverberg, Mika Zibanejad and/or Mark Stone make noise in training camp, there might be a situation where a trade is made to make room. He provided you with several options and in the end you guys and gals decided (with 45% of the vote) that Peter Regin was a likely choice (and I also voted Regin). Charliec_124 put it best (read: agreed with my reasoning):
There you have it.
Back to the league at large this year, and we look at two young stars that will always be compared due to one simple catchy question: Taylor or Tyler? Here is today's question.
Which is more likely? That Taylor Hall scores 35 goals this season OR that Tyler Seguin breaks 80 points?
Hall: Drafted ahead of Tyler a couple seasons ago, Taylor has shown himself to be a promising goal scorer, and a reckless player. Playing only ~60 games per season in his first two years in the league, Taylor has already suffered some very unfortunate injuries. That said, in 61 games last season he put up 27 goals. Can he reach the 35 goal plateau and live up to his big new contract?
Seguin: Tyler had a coming out party last season putting up a very respectable 67 points in just his second year in the league. He plays on a better team than Taylor, but that is a double edged sword, as he is in tough to get the top line minutes that leas to an 80 point campaign, but he has some talented team mates to help him get there.
Which is more likely?
- Hockey Prospectus has the Sens as the 5th ranked organization, and have Mika Zibanejad as our top prospect. [HP]
- SB Nation does an off season report for the Senators. [SB]
- Peter takes a look at what the Senators blue line could look like for the upcoming season, and gives some thoughts. [SSS]
- Darren gave us a bizarre story this weekend about a man who pretended to know Eugene Melnyk to seem important. [SSS]
- Milan Michalek was the friday phone call. [Sens]
- Nichols has some fun on twitter and answers some questions, including one from our very own Adnan! [6thSens]
Which is more likely?
Hall scores 35 goals (126 votes)
Seguin scores 80 points (88 votes)
214 total votes