Neil: Don't worry about the Swede SOYLENT, look how happy you make GIGGLES, he'll never leave you!
On Friday Peter stepped in and tried his hand at WIML by pitting the two top draft choices from June's draft against one another. His question was, between Nail Yakupov and Ryan Murray, who is more likely to win the Calder Trophy as NHL's top rookie this season. With a whopping 80% of the vote, you folks picked the young Russian from Edmonton. User AussieSensFan (who gets an extra thumbs up for having a Death Star avatar) put it the best:
Today we dive back into the Ottawa Senators and take a look at two young players who will likely see some time on the wing of Jason Spezza: Colin Greening and Jakob Silfverberg. Here is today's question.
Which is more likely? That Colin Greening gets more points this season than Jakob Silfverberg OR vice-versa?
Greening: Put up an extremely respectable 17 goals and 20 assists last season and saw a decent amount of time on Jason Spezza's wing and some good powerplay time. He has himself an entire season under his belt and is much farther along in his development. He also has a one-way contract, which all but guarantees him some playing time.
Silfverberg: Silfverboners may prevail and make this a landslide, and there is no doubting Jakob has some great offensive instincts and skills. He has yet to play a single NHL regular season game, and still has to adjust to the different sized ice. There is no guarantee he plays with Spezza, there is no existing chemistry, and his two-way deal and his willingness to play in Bingo may result in fewer games played than Greening.
What say you?
- Gallery with the best of Kyle Turris in his first season with Ottawa [Sens]
- Thursday's player spotlight featured 1000 game man Chris Phillips [Sens]
- In the event of a lock-out, Jakob Silfverberg is considering playing in Binghamton, which is the best news I've heard in ages. The lockout will suck, but he will enter the NHL with a full year of North American hockey under his belt. [6thSens]
- Colin Greening answers 20 questions. [Telegram]
- Lockout or no, there will still be hockey at the Scotiabank Place this season, with the 67's calling it home. [SensExtra]
- Dany Heatley is suing a former rep for 11 million, presumably because he is currently unable to steal more of Eugene's money. [6thSens]
Which is more likely?
Colin Greening outscores Silfverberg (161 votes)
Jakob Silfverberg outscores Greening (196 votes)
357 total votes