Mark nailed it on Friday and had some fun with you guys with a hilarious question as to which player was more likely to have a TSN pun headline in their likeness: Marc Methot or Bobby Butler. With 56% of the vote (one of the closest yet) you, the people have spoken, and there is a Methot to your choosing.
User High Priest of Alfie said it short and sweet and left us with a thought of what might have been:
Today we look at high scoring d-men in the league not named Erik Karlsson. I thought about including Erik in our poll, but I think our hometown bias (and him being the best choice) would have made the poll a slaughter. So instead we will look at the "after Karlsson" d-men. Today's question is this: (featuring our first 3-way WIML!)
Letang: Arguably the only defenceman in the league who is as good as Karlsson in terms offensive prowess and flow. He also has what Karlsson does not: Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin (among others) to feed the puck to on a nightly basis. Can he stay healthy enough to put up big numbers?
Pietrangelo: Took a while to arrive (compared to other d-men in his draft year) but last season was a coming out party for Alex. He was an absolute machine for the St. Louis blues and this former WJC star for Canada is just warming up.
Campbell: Was second in points the whole season last year on an upstart Panthers team before Dustin Byfuglien (who is more of a forward, hence not in this poll) passed him in the final days of the season. As that Florida team continues to grow, can Campbell continue to put up solid numbers?
What say you?
- Mark gets us pumped for the upcoming season of gamethreads. Head over and suggest your choice as a pump up song. Can you master the pump? [SSS]
- Mika Zibanejad has been turning heads in Lake Placid at Team Sweden's WJC summer camp. Here is hoping that provides him with a boost going into the season. [Sens]
- Tim Murray is not happy with Mika's former SEL team though. [SSS]
- If you didn't get a chance to listen in on the Friday phone call with Erik Condra last week, never fear, it has been transcribed here. [Sens]
- A story from Nichols about how Zack Smith fell off the rails last season. He started so well, but after that hit on the west coast, he was never the same. [6thSens]
- Chris Phillips photo gallery. [Sens]
- Lastly, I had to triple-check that Ryan Lambert wrote this article, not only was it totally civil, but he praises Erik Karlsson twice and the Sens as an organization. [PD]