- Sunday, Sept. 23: Ottawa at Montreal, 7 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 24: Ottawa at Toronto, 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 25: Toronto at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 27: Montreal at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 30: Ottawa vs N.Y. Islanders, 5 p.m., (at Barrie, Ont.)
- Sunday, Sept. 30: N.Y. Islanders at Ottawa, TBA
- Saturday, Oct. 6: Ottawa at Winnipeg, 8 p.m.
Yes, the team will apparently play four games in five nights to kick it off (although there will likely be split squads for those games), and there are apparently two games on September 30 (also, presumably, split squads). Expect the team to then head off for their team-building trip in the week before their final pre-season game on October 6, 2012.
So, is seven games too many or too few or just right?