A different type of Nuggets today, but it should be one that pleases Ottawa-based autograph hounds: A few Ottawa Senators players will be in the city's east end tonight signing autographs in support of CHEO. Here's the details, taken from a release I received this morning:
Tonight in support of the CN Bike for CHEO, Ottawa Senators players Chris Phillips, Matt Carkner, Peter Regin and Craig Anderson will be signing autographs to help raise money and awareness for this year's CN Bike for CHEO.
Attendees are encouraged to make a donation to the CN Bike for CHEO in exchange for an autograph.
When: Today, Thurs. Feb 23
Where: Jim Keay Ford dealership, 1438 Youville Drive, Ottawa
Time: 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Get autographs while supporting a good cause. What more can you ask for?
Links after the jump...
- Recaps from last night: Silver Seven, Japers' Rink, Sun, Citizen
- Milan Michalek's goal celebration was kind of weird. (Puck Daddy)
- Dale Hunter threw Tomas Vokoun under the bus after the game. He wasn't great, but let's be honest here: Not many of the Washington Capitals were very good last night. One notable exception was Mathieu Perreault, an up-and-coming Sens killer. (Washington Post)
- This article is unfair to Zenon Konopka ("Konopka doesn’t bring much more than the ability to get into staged fights and take penalties"), but raises good questions about whether Jim O`Brien will stick with Ottawa through the playoffs (if the team makes it to the dance). (Citizen)
- Chris Phillips' Big Rig Brew Pub is slated to open this May. (Citizen)
- It's nice that the Elmira Jackals and Binghamton Senators are so close to one another, geographically speaking. (Press & Sun Bulletin)
- $4.75M per season for Tuomo Ruutu? Erm... okay. (Canes Country)
- Three former Senators assets were exchanged in this deal: Antoine Vermette (went to the Coyotes) traded for Curtis McElhinney and Ottawa's 2012 second round pick (both went to Blue Jackets). The Jackets also got a conditional 2013 fifth-rounder, but it didn't come from Ottawa. (Five for Howling)