Mika Zibanejad first line centre? Third line centre? Hard to tell these days. - Phillip MacCallum
For those of us who are on Twitter, the only thing we really have going for us in terms of Senators news is the information out there about the B-Sens. Some line combos out today were a bit curious.
Usually when you see line combinations on Twitter, you are able to get a clear sense of a first line, second line, third line and fourth line. Today in my twitter feed, these combinations came up, tell me if they are clear to you:
#BSens lines at practice today:
Silfverberg-Cannone-.....Cowick? Really? Hoffman on what appears to be the third line?
Look I love the idea of rolling 4 lines, and having a balanced line up. But the BSens have had a really tough time putting the puck into the net as of late, and you would think you would want to put together some of your top scorers to try to generate something. It is pretty well known that Mika Zibanejad and Jakob Silfverberg are having a tough time scoring, and that Mike Hoffman is the only BSen forward with any kind of touch these days. I would be inclined to load up a line with the three of them, try to get the two Swedes going, but Luke Richardson has them on three different lines. I guess for now, I have to trust his judgement, but it does seem strange to me.
What kind of line combinations would you like to see? How would you rank the lines that Binghamton will throw out tonight?
- Bobby gives us an awesome recap of the two weekend Baby Sens games. [SSS]
- Very impressed, Nichols has Elliotte Friedman on their podcast this week. [6thSens]
- Game in Cornwall was a hit last night, and Daniel Alfredsson picked up a few points! [SensExtra]
- A look at where the Senators stand in terms of the lockout salary-wise. [6thSens]
- Different Senators see the lockout progress different ways, from Zack Smith to Marc Methot to Alfie. [SensExtra]
- Last but not least, 6th Sens look at a Garrioch piece that talked about the Senators and the way they scout prospects. Their lowest grade? "Don't Want". [6thSens]