The second game of the preseason -- and first in Ottawa -- is happening tonight, giving local fans a first glimpse at some of the new faces that Bryan Murray has been promising them. Fans are in for a bit of a treat, then, as most of the players in tonight's line-up weren't on the roster to start last season (lines courtesy of TSN):
Filatov - Zibanejad - Butler
Prince - Da Costa - O'Brien
Foligno - Regin - Condra
Daugavins - Locke - Parrish
Cowen - Gonchar
Phillips - Lee
Borowiecki - Rundblad
With those lines in mind, here's what I'll be watching:
- The battle for 2nd line centre. Zibanejad, Da Costa, Regin, and even Corey "Long shot" Locke are playing pivot tonight, which should make for an interesting game.
- The Cowen/Gonchar pairing sounds pretty intriguing, doesn't it?
- As indicated in my article this morning, I'm looking for a solid, physical game from Brian Lee.
- Kaspars Daugavins had a spectacular Calder Cup run, and his time to make the Senators is running out.
- Chris Kelly is set to play for the Bruins, so it'll be nice to see his face in Scotiabank Place again.
As always, join us in the comments before, during, and after the game if you want to laugh, cry, or complain.