Can Chris Phillips bounce back from an awful season/ (Photo by Joel Auerbach/Getty Images)
There is a bit of news in Sens land for once as they made a signing, leaked a jersey, as well as some analysis from other blogs.
UPDATE: From the Ottawa Senators website, here's the team's 20th Anniversary Video:
Definitely some great stuff there, although the 'H0ckey Makes Us' title at the end is a little funny looking.
Today's links after the jump:
- Kaspars Daugavins, who had earlier signed a tryout contract with a Latvian KHL club, has decided to stay with the Ottawa organisation, signing a 1-year two-way deal worth $105,000 in the AHL and $600,000 in the NHL. (Press & Sun-Bulletin)
- While we looked at which Senator player will be the odd man out in the top six this morning, here is a look at which players could be sent down to Binghamton or be healthy scratches. (Senshot)
- After the New Jersey Devils bought out Colin White, Chris Phillips is now the only player from the 1996 draft year who is still with his original team. Phillips must bounce back from being one of the worst players on the club last season, if his three year extension is to not become a Kuba-esque disaster. (The 6th Sens)
- Mika Zibanejad has a tough battle to make the Ottawa roster this fall, but it is much easier than the one his father faced in his native Iran, where he was persecuted by the country's government. (The Hockey News)
- Matt Puempel is healthy and will play at Canada's summer development camp for the U20 World Championships. But in Fort McMurray, seriously? Who decides to hold a hockey camp in a place with oil rigs? That has to be depressing. (The Peterborough Examiner)
- As mentioned yesterday, here is the Senators rumoured alternate jersey for the upcoming season. (Silver Seven Sens)