Okay, so it is freaking hot today here. With the temperature expected to hit 40 degrees with the humidex, and being over 30 for the whole week, this is just another reason that I hate summer . In addition to the lack of hockey that is.
Nevertheless, here are today's links!
- The guys at The 6th Sens interviewed Mika Zibanejad and here is a link to the podcast. I am at work so I haven't listened yet, but I am sure it will be interesting. (The 6th Sens)
- Corey Pronman ranks the Ottawa Senators as having the fourth best prospects in the NHL. His rankings don't consider goaltenders, but he did say that Robin Lehner is an "above-average" goaltending prospect. (Hockey Prospectus)
- With Toronto and Ottawa both rebuilding, and Toronto currently a little bit ahead, here are the comparisons between the two Ontario clubs, including the general managers, the coaches and the number one centres. (Ottawa Sun)
- With Ryan Shannon gone, does this mean Peter Regin is likely going to be the #2 centre barring a strong camp from Mika Zibanejad or Stephane da Costa? (The 6th Sens)
- Could the Montreal Canadiens be interested in Chris Neil? Warning, the link is en francais. (CKAC)
- And here is a profile of Senators prospect Pat Canone. (Senshot)
- It is generally accepted that winning the first face-off in a penalty kill is very important. But how important is it to have a 65% guy taking the draw instead of a 35% guy? Turns out, not so important. (mc79hockey.com)
- The Silver Seven Hockey Night is happening for the home opener against the Minnesota Wild on October 11! Click here for the prices and contact information. (Silver Seven Sens)