This is apparently Gabriel Landeskog. I want him on the Sens. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)
Two more days to go until the draft! If we are to trade up, will it be right before the draft, or even right before the pick we trade for? Or will we have a trade as early as today or tomorrow? If you are like me, you are eagerly awaiting for Friday, and not just because of Rebecca Black.
Here are today's links:
General Sens News
- As some of you may have watched, in the TSN mock draft last night, the Senators selected Sean Couturier (Craig Button) and Ty Rattie (Pierre McGuire) in the TSN mock draft. (TSN)
- In their 2009 Re-Draft, where Craig Button redrafted the players based on knowing current information, he slid Jared Cowen all the way down to #19 from #9. David Rundblad moved up two spots to #15 from #17. (TSN)
- In the 2010 Re-Draft, Vladimir Tarasenko, the player the St. Louis Blues selected from the Rundblad trade, jumped up ten spots to #6 from #16. (TSN)
- Don Brennan feels the Senators should pass on Gabriel Landeskog because he is a winger, preferring a second line centre instead. I have to disagree and I would pick him partly because he is a winger. (Ottawa Sun)
- Does the fact that Dave Cameron admitted he was going to be joining the Senators before the announcement was official, imply that Eugene Melnyk pressured Bryan Murray and Paul MacLean into hiring him? (Ottawa Citizen)
More after the jump.
General Hockey News
- Atlanta's relocation to Winnipeg is official after the NHL Board of Governors approved the sale and move! WOO HOO! (TSN)
- Looks like Steven Stamkos won't be joining the Ottawa Senators. He is very close to agreeing a new deal with the Lightning. (TSN)
- Sidney Crosby once again leads the NHL in jersey sales, and Alexander Ovechkin is once again second. (Yahoo!)
- Ilya Bryzgalov is rumoured to be close to signing a $7 million/season extension with the Flyers. Oh my. Maybe we can get Jeff Carter cheaply after all. (Yahoo!)