The Binghamton Senators will return to action on Wednesday night when they host Game 3 of the Calder Cup Finals. That is also Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals, a full five days after the Boston Bruins clinched their series. Personally, I think Game One should have been tonight as the Bruins should have had to "suffer" for not winning their series earlier than seven games. Also, I got to feel bad for Vancouver fans, 5:00 local start times! Though, if we were playing Vancouver in the final, I would feel differently.
General Sens News
- Jakob Silfverberg is expected to soon sign a contract with Ottawa, but he is expected to stay in Sweden for another season on loan. (Steve Lloyd)
- There have been several mock drafts with Ottawa's sixth overall pick. But here is a look at a mock draft where the Sens are on the clock for their later first round pick. Senshot selects Nicklas Jensen from Denmark. (Senshot)
- Here is a look at the Senators decision to pick Wade Redden over Zdeno Chara and letting Anton Volchenkov go but not Chris Phillips. Also, one Senator fan feels that the organisation has disrespected defencemen. (The 6th Sens)
- Binghamton may have returned home with a series split, but they feel they have a lot of room for improvement. Robin Lehner luckily kept them in both games, one of which they pulled out. (Press & Sun-Bulletin)
- UPDATE: The Senators have signed Louie Caporusso to a two-year entry level contract. (Ottawa Senators)
More after the jump.
General Hockey News
- The Winnipeg/Atlanta saga draws a bit closer to its end. The Winnipeg lawyers have signed off and the Atlanta lawyers are in the process of doing so. Only the board of governors approval remains after that. (Bob McKenzie)
- Here is a look at a comparison of the forwards on the Vancouver Canucks and Boston Bruins. (Yahoo!)
- Winnipeg born Jonathan Toews talks about a possible return of the NHL to his home town. (Yahoo!)