Will these ladies carry on the fine Vancouver tradition? (Photo by Rich Lam/Getty Images)
The Ottawa Senators finally made some news yesterday as they extended Zack Smith for two years totalling $1.4 million and Colin Greening for three years totalling $2.5 million. With that, the Senators now have 9 forwards signed to one-way contracts and with Bobby Butler almost certainly getting a one-way deal, that will make for 10 forwards on one-way contracts. This might mean the end for one of Chris Neil, Nick Foligno or Peter Regin at the draft, as they could be used to move up in the draft.
Here are today's links:
General Sens News
- Nichols is impressed by the fact that Binghamton's success is with young players with NHL futures rather than a bunch of career AHLers. (The 6th Sens)
- Here is a look at what Binghamton's run will mean for each of the impact players in Binghamton. (Cory Clouston Fashion Review)
- A case to hire Binghamton's coach Kurt Kleinendorst, winner of an U18 gold medal for the United States and now a Calder Cup finalist, as Ottawa's next coach. (Sporting News)
- Some quotes from the Binghamton players, including this gem from Robin Lehner: "With what me and the fans battled through at the beginning of the season, they've just turned around, and I love them again." (Press & Sun-Bulletin)
More after the jump.
General Hockey News
- The Globe and Mail reported that the Atlanta Thrashers will be officially moved to Winnipeg on Tuesday, though this has been denied everywhere else. (Globe and Mail)
- In the upcoming NHL 12 video game, you can run the goalies! Maxim Lapierre must be overjoyed. The winter classic will also be featured. (Yahoo!)
- The Chicago Blackhawks signed Corey Crawford to a three year $8 million contract extension. (Yahoo!)
- Here is more about everyone's favourite flashing girl, including a face picture! (Yahoo!)