For the first time since the NHL playoffs started, there are no games scheduled for tonight. But, thanks to the Red Wings 3-1 win last night over the Sharks, there will be a game seven tomorrow night. Detroit was incredible last night, but just couldn't find a way to score, and even fell behind in the third period. However, for the second straight game, the Red Wings scored three unanswered goals in the third period and came away with the victory. Forcing a game seven after being 3-0 behind is incredible enough, but consider the following. In game four the Red Wings scored the winning goal with 1:27 left, in game five they scored the winning goal with 6:08 left and in game six they scored it with 7:28 left. Also, if you get the chance to see the highlights, check out Pavel Datsyuk's pass on the winning goal. Wow!
Here are today's links, brought to you by mangoes, the official fruit of the Silver Nuggets.
General Sens News
- Keeping up with yesterday's theme, here is Nichols take on moving up in the draft. He expects the Senators to trade up in the draft, with Nashville's pick being the more likely pick to move. Over 70% of our readers also would like to see the Senators trade up in our highly unscientific poll from yesterday. (The 6th Sens)
- Matt Carkner will be on the Team 1200 at 3:25 p.m. today. (Ottawa Senators)
- Here is Ken Warren's story on Binghamton's preparation for the Eastern Conference Final. (Citizen)
- Zach Bennett is an 11-year old boy who lost both his legs and is fighting a degenerative disease called neurofribomatosis. He is also a great source of inspiration for the Charlotte Checkers, the team the Binghamton Senators will play. (ESPN)
More after the jump.
General Hockey News
- Jaromir Jagr scored a hat trick as the Czech Republic routed the United States 4-0 in the first quarterfinal at the IIHF World Championships. (IIHF)
- Glendale City Council approved a plan to provide the NHL with $25 million to keep the Coyotes for another season. (Yahoo!)
- Tyler Seguin will return to Boston's lineup because of Patrice Bergeron's injury. (Yahoo!)
- Elliotte Friedman thinks Mike Richards should be stripped of the captaincy because of his media dealings. (CBC)
- The NHL supports the NFL owners in their ongoing battle with the NFL players. (Pro Football Talk)
- Carrie Underwood has tears in her eyes as the Predators are eliminated. Awwwwwwww! :( Cheer her up Mike! But come on now Carrie, you dated Tony Romo and he plays for the Dallas Cowboys, you should be used to this! (Total Pro Sports)