The season's winding down, and although a playoff spot would be nice, the next best thing for Senators fans as a year draws to an end: The opportunity to crush the hopes and dreams of their most hated rival, the Maple Leafs. If the Senators win tonight (and the Sabres win, as well), the Leafs will be officially eliminated from the hunt. So that would be great.
Some players I'll be watching tonight:
- Stephane Da Costa: The newest Senator makes his NHL debut tonight. He's fresh out of college, and has already said he's a little nervous; will he jump in head-first, or tentatively dip his toe in to test the waters?
- Craig Anderson: Shut out the Leafs last time these teams met, and is awesome. Will he steal the game tonight? Will he have to?
- James Reimer: The Leafs saviour, by all accounts. Will he keep them in the playoff hunt with a win tonight?
- Patrick Wiercioch: With Sergei Gonchar and Erik Karlsson both out, Wiercioch might get some powerplay time tonight. Will he fit his billing as an offensive defenceman?
- Nick Foligno: Want to hear something unexpected? Foligno is third on the team in scoring. Seriously. Who would have called that? He's got 6P in his last 9GP.
Join us here during the game as we go absolutely batty. If you're watching, listen for the Silver Seven contingent heading there try and drown out the sound of Leafs fans at the game.