As previously mentioned, I am organising a playoff prediction competion. Also one for the players (that will be done in a live draft at 8:30 p.m. tonight). For the purpose of predicting the series, enter the team you predict will win and the number of games.
Scoring is as follows: 10 points if you predict the correct team, 5 bonus points if you predict the correct number of games (the bonus ONLY applies if you got the team correct as well). At the beginning of each round, new predictions will be made. The winner shall receive a small gift of my choosing from NHL.com. Also I reserve the right to not give you a gift if I don't like you (i.e. because you cheered for the filthy Habs or the dirty Pens). You can still predict they win though.
TO MAKE IT EASY ON ME, PLEASE MAKE YOUR PREDICTIONS IN A REPLY TO THE ORIGINAL POST, DON'T TRAIL OFF!
The match-ups are after the jump. I will enter my predictions as a comment since I can't edit those.Eastern Conference
1) Washington versus 8) New York Rangers
2) Philadelphia versus 7) Buffalo
3) Boston versus 6) Montreal (GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!! Destroy them Chara!)
4) Pittsburgh (Eww) versus 5) Tampa Bay
1) Vancouver versus 8) Chicago
2) San Jose versus 7) Los Angeles
3) Detroit versus 6) Phoenix (Do Leafs get more fans in preseason or Phoenix in postseason?)
4) Anaheim versus 5) Nashville