The Ottawa Senators host the New Jersey Devils tonight, once more in danger of leapfrogging the Colorado Avalanche with a win. The Avalanche almost pulled off a shocker last night in Vancouver, as they lead 2-1 midway through the 3rd period. They eventually lost 4-2, but Brian Elliott did stop 36 of 39 shots.
In other news, after today's payday, my OSAP debt is down to just over $9,000! I started off at just over $33,000 in student debt last May. This summer, I will finally move into an elegant (and very small) condo in downtown Toronto. I currently live way out in the suburbs in Brampton, not that any of you have likely heard of it.
Therefore today's non-hockey discussion is: Where do you like living? Urban centre, suburban areas, or way out in the middle of no where like...Greely, for you Ottawans.
But, if you insist on talking hockey, here are today's links:
- Game preview. (Sens Extra, NHL.com)
- Everyone predicts a loss tonight, except the vacationing Peter. (Sens Extra)
- Curtis McElhinney will start tonight with Craig Anderson out with an undisclosed injury. (Ottawa Senators)
General Sens News
- Jason Spezza has never won a Stanley Cup, or a World Championships gold, or World Juniors gold. He hopes to play for Canada at the World Championships this spring and rectify that. (Sun, Citizen)
- Marek Svatos isn't 100% healthy. Likely cause? Hurt feelings due to Mark's harsh words. :( Poor Marek. (Scott MacArthur)
- David Hale and Roman Wick were called up for tonight's game. (Scott MacArthur)
- Speaking of Roman Wick, he was named the game's second star in the 5-2 loss to the Phantoms last night. He was forced to throw a Phantoms t-shirt into the crowd. I kind of want to see Chara do that in Montreal. :D (Joy Lindsay)
More after the jump.