The Ottawa Senators lost 5-1 last night to the hated Pittsburgh Penguins. It was an ugly night for most players, with Sergei Gonchar, Jesse Winchester, Chris Neil and
Jesse Winchester Francis Lessard the only players who avoided a minus. On the bright side, the Senators have all but cemented last place in the Eastern Conference and remain a point behind the Colorado Avalance and the Avalanche also have two games in hand. Can the Avalanche beat the Canucks tonight? Come on Elliott!
- Game recap. (Sun, Citizen)
- Stats from last night via NHL.com (Boxscore, Game summary, Event Summary, Faceoff Report, Play by Play, Ice time and shifts, Shot summary)
- Post game video with Craig Anderson, Jason Spezza, Ryan Shannon and Cory Clouston. (Ottawa Senators)
General Sens News
- Eugene Melnyk was on Toronto radio station The Fan 590 yesterday. He feels the rebuild might be only a year or two long and that the team can be competitive next year. I hope so, none of this floundering around Florida or Islanders style. Lastly, he feels players who deliberately deliver a head shot should be banned for life. (Full audio, Citizen, Sun)
- Alex Kovalev returned to Ottawa, read all about it. (Sun)
- Matt Carkner is likely done for the season. (Ian Mendes)
- Craig Anderson took a maintenance day today, Cory Clouston hopes he can play tomorrow against the Devils. (Ian Mendes)
More after the jump.
General Hockey News
- The International Scouting Service released their latest rankings, and the top 5 remain unchanged. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is 1st, Adam Larsson 2nd, Gabriel Landeskog 3rd, Sean Couturier 4th and Ryan Murphy 5th. This should please Monsieur Calloway. (TSN)
- Dany Heatley elbowed Steve Ott last night and was suspended for two games. (TSN, TSN video)
- Ryan Kesler is pretty funny...for an American. Read (and watch) all about his antics here. (Yahoo!)