The Ottawa Senators saw their winning streak end at three games, following a 6-4 loss to the Buffalo Sabres. Jason Spezza had 4 points and now has 7 points in his last five games. Erik Karlsson has 6 points in his last 5 games and has an incredible 27 shots in those 5 games.
The Senators have scored 11 goals in the last 5 games, Karlsson and Spezza have scored 6 of those goals, and assisted on 3 more of those. In summary, the Senators have scored two goals in the last 5 games that did not involve Karlsson or Spezza.
Also, today being March 14, it is Pi Day! (3/14, though technically in Canada it is 14/3, but there won't be any nuggets on July 22). In honour of this glorious day, I will have a total of three sections and fourteen items. In case you are wondering why I am so strange, I majored in Computer Engineering.
Note: I also tried to keep it to 314 words, but sadly, I talk too much.
Here are today's links:
1) Last game
- 1) Game recap. (Sun, Citizen)
- 2) Stats from last night via NHL.com (Boxscore, Game summary, Event Summary, Faceoff Report, Play by Play, Ice time and shifts, Shot summary)
- 3) Cory Clouston audio after the game. (Ottawa Senators)
- 4) Jason Spezza audio after the game. (Ottawa Senators)
- 5) Craig Anderson audio after the game. (Ottawa Senators)
2) General Sens News
- 6) Robin Lehner is out indefinitely with back spasms. (Joy Lindsay)
- 7) David Rundblad and Jakob Silfverberg return to action today at 2:00 p.m., with both their teams down 2-1 in the best of seven series. (Hockeyligan.se)
- 8) The group of Senators traded this year are struggling, especially Brian Elliott, Alex Kovalev and Mike Fisher. (Sun)
- 9) A look at the Binghamton season, including fan displeasure with Ottawa and the Binghamton coach's role in their success so far. (Citizen)
- 10) Jason Spezza's four-point night was apparently not good enough to make him one of the three best players in the NHL last night. Not even an honourable mention! (Yahoo!)
More after the jump.
3) General NHL News
- 11) All is well with the world, Sidney Crosby skates! YES! YES! YES! (TSN)
- 12) Meanwhile, with the Toronto Maple Leafs for sale, our good friends at Pension Plan Puppets might need a new name. (Toronto Star)
- 13) Darren Dreger talks about various hockey topics in the latest Dreger Report. (TSN)
- 14) Lastly, just for laughs, here are Brian Elliott's stats in his last 20 games. 1-13-6, 3.88 goals against average and stopping 86.8% of shots. (Ian Mendes)