Well, what else is there to say? The Ottawa Senators lost again but once again played one of the best teams in the league tough. They arguably were even the better team last night, but still a loss is a loss. They are now two points ahead of the Edmonton Oilers for last place.
Here are today's links:
- Game recap including one from a student newspaper at McGill university. (NHL.com, Sun, Citizen, Prince Arthur Herald)
- Stats from last night via NHL.com (Game summary, Event Summary, Faceoff Report, Play by Play, Ice time and shifts, Shot summary)
More to follow after the jump.
General Sens News
- A look at Alex Kovalev's recent resurgence and potential trade value. (Citizen)
- Daniel Alfredsson hopes to at least have a strong finish to the season and Henrik Sedin still likes our Affe. If you like him so much, why don't you bring yourself with your brother and join us? Huh Henrik? (Citizen)
- Jarkko Ruutu was unhappy at being a healthy scratch. (Sun)
- I love Robin Lehner's feistyness. Here is a comparison to other goalies with a bit of a temper. (Cory Clouston Fashion Review)
General Hockey News
- For the studious amongst you, here is a review of the NHL-CHL agreement. (Hockey Prospectus)
- The Phoenix Coyotes have resorted to handing out diamonds to the first 3,000 women in attendance. One of the 3,000 will be a real $5,000 diamond. No word on what happens to the diamonds in case 3,000 women are not in attendance. (Yahoo!)
- There is apparently more sponsorship for the Heritage Classic than the Winter Classic. Canada numbah #1! (ESPN)