The Ottawa Senators turn to Brian Elliott as they try to snap a laundry list of streaks. They Senators have lost eight in a row, fourteen out of fifteen while Elliott has lost twelve in a row. On the other hand, Elliott has won two in a row with Jason Spezza playing.
Before I give today's links, a prayer for the Senators. Lords of Kobol, I pray to you, please give these Ottawa Senators a win. SO SAY WE ALL!
With that, here are today's links:
- Game preview. (NHL.com, Sens Extra)
- Six out of the seven panelists predict a win tonight. Let's hope so! (Sens Extra)
- Lines for the game tonight. (Ian Mendes)
More to follow after the jump.
General Sens News
- Ian Mendes on whether King Daniel Alfredsson the First, should abdicate or conquer another land. (Sportsnet)
- Alex Kovalev loves hockey and will play hockey any where, he just wants a job. He plays for the love of the game, like a good old Canadian boy eh! Attaboy Alex! (Sun)
- The Senators in pictures in January. I personally like Mike and Carrie at the casino. Awwww! (Sens Extra)
General Hockey News
- Evgeni Malkin tore both his ACL and MCL on his return last night and his season is in jeopardy. With Sidney Crosby still out, Kris Letang seems to have earned the Penguins a lot of bad karma. (TSN)
- Rick DiPietro is out four to six weeks after being injured in a goaltender fight with Brent Johnson. (TSN)
- Meanwhile, Denis Kulyash's 110.3 miles/hour slapshot at the KHL skills competition is now the hardest shot in hockey history. (TSN)