The Ottawa Senators offence made an appearance and exploded for five goals. Sadly, so did Johan Franzen. After a 7-5 loss, the Senators do have some positives to build on. Milan Michalek continued his strong play, Peter Regin got a point (three actually) for only the second time since November 15. Chris Campoli also got three points while Sergei Gonchar continued his resurgence and went +3. Still, it was a loss for the fourteenth time in fifteen games.
Here are today's links:
- Game recap. (NHL.com, Sun, Citizen)
- Stats from last night via NHL.com (Boxscore, Game summary, Event Summary, Faceoff Report, Play by Play, Ice time and shifts, Shot summary)
- Puck Daddy talks about how the Senators were victims of a terrible call last night on the 6-6 goal. (Yahoo!)
More links after the jump.
General Sens News
- The 6th Sens examines whether Erik Karlsson is really untouchable, including a hypothetical trade for Shea Weber. While I wouldn't even trade him for Weber, I am sure many (all?) would take that. (The 6th Sens)
- Pascal Leclaire is likely never playing for us again. Shocking? (Citizen)
- The Senators are on pace for the fewest goals in a full season in franchise history. (Sun)