The Senators are back at it tonight, and the fanbase and team both seem pretty energized by all the activity and, more than that, the winning. It's a nice place to be for Ottawa, but the Sabres are fighting for their playoff lives right now. As is usually the case between Buffalo and the Senators, it should be a competitive affair.
Some players I'll be watching tonight:
- Roman Wick: Making his NHL debut tonight, Wick's come a long way in a relatively short time in Binghamton. Will he take as much time to adjust to the NHL, or will his experience make it a little bit of an easier road to travel?
- Marek Svatos: Making his Senators debut tonight after being picked up off waivers on Thursday. He's jumping straight into top-six minutes, so how will he do?
- Bobby Butler: One of the hottest Sens is coming off his first two-goal game last time out, and he's got 7P (5G, 2A) in his last five games. He's still on a line with Jason Spezza and Milan Michalek, so he's put in a position to succeed. But how long can it continue?
- Craig Anderson: Has played pretty much lights-out since coming to Ottawa, and still hasn't allowed an opposition's shot past him (the only goal that's gone in on him being a deflection off a teammate). Can he make it three in a row?
- Chris Phillips: The talk of the town right now, as he's working on a contract extension. He hasn't had a good year this year--it's been pretty much a disaster--but can he turn things around?
As with every game, join us through the night right here to talk about the Senators, trade deadline day, tea, human anatomy, Star Trek, and probably a ridiculous variety of other subjects.