The Ottawa Senators will try to win three games in a row for the first time in three and a half months as they take on the Buffalo Sabres tonight. The Senators won four in a row from November 2 to Novermber 9. This will also be the first game for newly acquired Marek Svatos, best known for being really fast in NHL video games of years gone by.
On a side note, the Nashville Predators are currently sitting in ninth place in the Western Conference (albeit on a tiebreaker), so we currently have the 2nd and 14th pick in the 1st round.
Lastly, I spilled hot tea all over my leg today, in case anyone cares. :(
Here are today's links:
- Game preview. (NHL.com, Sens Extra)
- The prediction panel has the Senators returning to earth with five out of seven predicting a loss. (Sens Extra)
- The forward lines for tonight. (Ian Mendes)
- Defensive pairings for tonight. (Ian Mendes)
General Sens News
- Transcript of Alex Kovalev exit interview, he regrets not being able to perform better in Ottawa. (Sens Extra)
- Corey Locke and Roman Wick have been called up for tonight's game. Also, more Binghamton crying over call-ups despite their recent string of victories. (Ian Mendes, pressconnects.com)
- Daniel Alfredsson could possibly be done for the season. Or he could be back next week. I love you Alfie! (Sun)
- Don Brennan rants about how the Alex Kovalev signing was all Dany Heatley's fault. (Sun)
- Marek Svatos is very excited to be on the Senators. (Sun)
- Chris Phillips actually had the audacity to reject a contract offer after his current season. (Sun)
More after the jump.