The very-new-look Ottawa Senators are back on the ice tonight to take on the Boston Bruins. Missing from the lineup: Mike Fisher, Chris Kelly, Jarkko Ruutu, and Brian Elliott (all traded), as well as Daniel Alfredsson, Jesse Winchester, Sergei Gonchar, Chris Campoli, and Pascal Leclaire (all injured). Wow.
With that in mind, the Bingo roster has been pillaged, and standing in will be Robin Lehner, Bobby Butler, Zack Smith, Erik Condra, Colin Greening, Francis Lessard, and Andre Benoit. That's rebuilding for you.
Some players I'll be watching tonight:
- Andre Benoit: At 27 years old, Benoit will make his NHL debut tonight. Apparently he'll get some powerplay time, so he'll get a good opportunity to make the best of his shot.
- Chris Kelly: His first game for his new team happens to be his first game against his old team. That can't be easy, but at least he's had a few good days of practice.
- Colin Greening: I thought he had a very impressive NHL debut in the last game. How will he carry that momentum forward into his second game?
- Bobby Butler: Still playing on the top line, and Butler's had a goal and an assist in each of his last two games. Tonight, he'll likely be up against Zdeno Chara. That will be a wake up call.
- Patrice Bergeron: Killed the Senators last game, and he's leading the team in scoring. He's one to watch, for sure.