Get your Senator now! Every Senator has to go! (Photo by Phillip MacCallum/Getty Images)
The Ottawa Senators lost their ninth consecutive home game and are now two away from the franchise record. They also lost their ninth game out of nine in overtime. On the bright side, Alex Kovalev scored Ottawa's first shootout goal of the season. After the game, they also traded Chris Kelly to the Boston Bruins for a second round pick. The Senators now have three centres left on their NHL roster. But the highlight of these nuggets are the quotes from Robin Lehner. I love this guy!
Here are today's links:
- Game recap. (Sun, Citizen)
- Stats from last night courtesy of NHL.com. (NHL.com, Game summary, Event Summary, Faceoff Report, Play by Play, Ice time and shifts, Shot summary)
General Sens News
- Robin Lehner continues to give great quotes, including dumb having a different meaning for Swedes, and his love of a good practice, a big breakfast and a good night's sleep. (Sun)
- Jason Spezza definitely wants to be the next captain of our Ottawa Senators. I approve! (Citizen)
- Chris Kelly says goodbye. (Sens Extra)
- Bryan Murray discusses the Kelly trade. (Sens Extra)
- Forgotten specimen, Pascal Leclaire might actually play again this year. (Sportsnet)
A little more after the jump.
General Hockey News
- Dustin Byfuglien signs a 5-year $26 million extension with the Atlanta Thrashers. He might just get Mark a new laptop now. (Yahoo!)
- What's wrong with everyone's (okay mine) favourite non-Senator? Justin Bourne takes a look at the Great Eight's struggles. (Yahoo!)