Mike Fisher scores in overtime in Game 6 of the 2004 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals to send it to game 7 in Toronto. We all know what happened there, but what a moment that was for Mike. We'll miss you!
As everyone knows, Mike Fisher was traded to the Nashville Predators for a first round pick in the 2011 NHL Draft as well as a conditional pick in the 2012 NHL Draft. That picture is my favourite moment of Mike Fisher and what a goal it was. It was great to be in Toronto the next day, regardless of what happened in Game 7. As the Senators played in Nashville this season, next season the Predators will visit Ottawa and I am sure Mike will get a great reaction.
Here is a special Mike Fisher edition of Silver Nuggets.
- A transcript of Bryan Murray's interview about the trade. (Sens Extra)
- An anonymous league executive told Bruce Garrioch that the Senators should have also got a prospect in return. (Sun)
- Ian Mendes wonders if trading such a big player means Bryan Murray will stick around for the rebuild. He also ponders on how the Senators will use the extra pick and Fisher's legacy in Ottawa. (Sportsnet)
- Bryan Murray says that this won't be the only move before the deadline and discusses the Senators' options. (Sun, Citizen)
- With Fisher gone, Jason Spezza is going to have to take on more of a leadership role. (Sun)
- Wayne Scanlan on how sometimes struggling teams have to move on from popular players. (Citizen)
- How long will the rebuild take? SBNation.com takes a look, including quoting our favourite cartoonist! (SBnation.com)
More after the jump.
- Mike Fisher's exit interview. *sad* (Sens Extra)
- Chris Neil was very emotional about one of his best friends being traded. (Sun)
- Nick Foligno realises that if a popular player such as Fisher can be traded, there are not too many untouchables. Also reaction from Jason Spezza and Daniel Alfredsson. (Sun)
- Cory Clouston understands why a trade had to be made, but he will miss Mike Fisher. (Sun)
- One Ottawa radio station reacted to the trade by banning the playing of Carrie Underwood songs forever. (Sun)
- Here is the Nashville media reaction to the trade. Okay, sorry I know I am being harsh, but it made me laugh. (Sens Extra)