Last night's game was a rough and tumble affair, and so are today's top stories:
- Wysh reviews why Volchenkov is enemy number one in Philly and comes to the following conclusions: the hit on Carcillo was clean, the hit on Gagne was not, and Volchenkov was playing "textbook Flyers hockey." (Puck Daddy)
- Our friends at Broad Street Hockey take a close look at Volchenkov's hit on Gagne, and they are not too pleased about it. (Broad Street Hockey)
- With Milan Michalek out, the Citizen says it's time for Peter Regin, Alex Kovalev, Ryan Shannon, and Nick Foligno to step up. (Citizen)
- Jeremy Milks has a recap of last night's action for you to read. (Black Aces)
Roman Wick, who many had assumed was out of the Senators organization, may end up at Senators training camp in September to try out for the big squad. Wick was drafted in 2004 and recently had a great Olympic campaign with the Swiss. (The 6th Sens)
- Apparently, the Senators' odds of a playoff berth are now up to 98.5% (Sports Club Stats)
- Prospect Mike Hoffman's Saint John Sea Dogs beat the PEI Rocket 3-0 last night. Hoffman was named first star of the game, and now has a goal in all three playoff games so far.