Ottawa enters tonight mired in a slump, and are facing a Buffalo Sabres squad that is tied with the Senators in the Eastern Conference standings. The Senators have only won 3 of their last 11 games, and during that time have only scored more than two goals twice. Not surprisingly, both those games were wins.
Who am I watching tonight?
- Brian Elliott: Elliot has never lost to the Buffalo Sabres. Let's hope he doesn't start losing to them tonight, because the Sens could really use a win right about now.
- Jason Spezza: Every forward on the team is slumping, but Spezza has really hit a dry spell -- only two points (both goals) in the last 11 games.
- Peter Regin: A player of Regin's calibre should have more than one goal at this point in the season.
Ryan Shannon: No reason, really, other than I always enjoy watching Shannon's rather limited minutes.
- Derek Roy: Would be a Sens killer if his team didn't lose (almost) every time they played the Senators.
- Brian Lee: No, he's not playing, but I'm sure at some point CBC's cameras will focus on him in the press box, eatin' his KFC Double Down.