OTTAWA ON - DECEMBER 02: Ottawa Senators fans show their discontent with Dany Heatley #15 of the San Jose Sharks in his first game against his old team at Scotiabank Place on December 2 2010 in Ottawa Ontario Canada. (Photo by Phillip MacCallum/Getty Images)
One day removed from the disappointingly uninspired effort in Dany Heatley's return to Ottawa, and as you'd expect the lion's share of Ottawa Senators headlines deal with that event.
Wayne Scanlan says the loss was "an embarrassment" to the Senators' organization. One thing's for sure: Players would have endeared themselves to owner Eugene Melnyk (who makes no secret of his feelings towards Heatley) by getting the win. (Citizen)
- This song is a little late, but it's a pretty good ode to Dany. (Team 1200, via FanHouse)
- Ottawa, however, isn't the only team dealing with disappointment. Both Ontario teams watched a disappointing effort last night. (CBC)
- The Sens are the 17th-highest valued team in the NHL, one spot ahead of the San Jose Sharks. Yeah, we beat them in something! Take that, Heatley! (Forbes)
- If Bryan Murray wants to shake things up fast, he'll have to do it before the holiday trade freeze on Dec. 19. Otherwise, he'll have to wait until the new year. (Spector)
- Right now, though, it seems Murray can't find the "right deal" for the Sens. Weird, I thought that Brian Lee and a third-round pick for Steven Stamkos was fair, but I guess the Lightning disagreed. (Citizen)
- Speaking of Lee, he hasn't been traded, but was taking Daniel Alfredsson's place in practice today--and he even had a "C" taped on his jersey. I'm sure they couldn't tell, Brian. (@ScoreOttawa)
- OC Transpo's Connexion 400 (the bus that takes people to Sens' games) isn't reliable. Not in the slightest. (Senators Extra)
- Nice little catch-up with Jonathan Cheechoo. (From the Rink)
- Zona thinks Toronto (or the area) deserves the next relocated NHL franchise. (Copper & Blue)
- Not sure if anyone here is a lacrosse fan, but this blog is great for the sport: The Lacrosse Blog.
- Finally, I'm sure you didn't expect it, but the Fan Confidence Metre is plummeting as quickly as the Senators are in the standings: