Well, here we are. Final game on the eclectic road trip, and the Senators are going to try to come out even with a win against the Blues. A few things to look for tonight:
- Tonight (roughly) marks the quarter-pole for the Sens; with a win, they're one game above .500, with a loss, they're one game below. They are naturally hoping for the former scenario.
- Outdoor Classic specialist Ty Conklin gets the start for the Blues, as Jaroslav Halak gets a (perhaps overdue) rest. Conklin is 1-1-2 on the season.
- For Ottawa, Brian Elliott is right back at it after getting lit up for four goals in the first period of Wednesday's game. He's 2-0 lifetime against the Blues.
- Andy McDonald, Patrik Berglund, and David Backes are each on four-game point streaks for the Blues. Ottawa, on the other hand, has no active point streaks.
- Chris Phillips has 10P (3G, 7A) in 14GP lifetime against the Blues. If ever there was a time for him to get back on track...
- Alex Kovalev is still waiting on point number 1,000. Will tonight be the night? We'll see.
Join us tonight right here for in-game discussion.