Hockey starts tomorrow, so for now, you'll have to enjoy some Ottawa Senators stories to tide you over.
- Congratulations to former Senator, Peter Schaefer, who looks as though he's on the verge of signing a contract with the Vancouver Canucks after a strong preseason. After being bought out of his contract by the Boston Bruins after the 2008-09 season, he spent last year playing in a men's rec league. Great to see him back in the NHL. (Vancouver Sun)
- Former Senator Brendan Bell hasn't had the same luck. He recently parted ways with his KHL club after being scratched six out of the first seven games (despite getting two assists in his lone game), and is now looking for work again. (Citizen, thanks to user kbs for link)
- Daniel Alfredsson sits at #38 on TSN's Top 50 Players list. He's the lone Senator on the list. (TSN)
- I think that the Senators getting dressed up in military gear is a little tacky, but at least it provided this great quote from Daniel Alfredsson: "I got my rank upped from captain to private." (Senators)
- Bryan Murray on Robin Lehner: "Talking to him, he's very confident that he'll play part of the year down there, and then be pushing us to make a decision." (Audio clip)
- Senators defensive prospect Mark Borowiecki has been named captain of Clarkson University's hockey team. (Senators prospect update)
- The Onion is reporting that the NHL will allow finishing moves in fights this season. (The Onion)