With the trade deadline passed and playoff hopes officially dashed, Senators fans are in need of something that will keep the rest of the season interesting. With that in mind, I offer this up-to-date version of the Ottawa Senators drinking game.
TAKE A DRINK IF:
- After a poor display of goaltending, the commentator mentions that Sens fans have Pascal Leclaire to look forward to.
- Filip Kuba tries a stretch pass that gets intercepted.
- A former Senator scores a goal against the Sens (two drinks if it’s Joe Corvo, three if it's Wade Redden).
- The commentator criticizes Jason Spezza.
- Anton Volchenkov blocks a shot.
- The commentator refers to Dany Heatley as a perennial 50 goal scorer.
- Mike Fisher crosses the blue line and immediately takes a slap shot (two drinks if he misses the net).
- The commentator mentions secondary scoring.
- Chris Kelly mishandles the puck.
- Craig Hartsburg is mentioned (two drinks if John Paddock is named as well).
- Pierre McGuire uses a made-up nickname to refer to a player.
- Peter Regin's home country is mentioned.
- Shean Donovan falls to the ice.
- Eugene Melnyk mentions finishing in the top four in the conference (two drinks if he means the 08/09 season).
FINISH YOUR DRINK IF:
- Jason Spezza gets into a fight.
- Jarkko Ruutu finishes the game without a penalty.
- The big three all factor in on a goal.
- Jesse Winchester is named one of the three stars.
- Jason Smith scores a goal.
- Nick Foligno pretends to be his dad and does the "Mike Foligno Leap".
- Bryan Murray’s job is brought into question by the commentator.
- Daniel Alfredsson shoots the puck at Scott Neidermeyer.
- Carrie Underwood tries to avoid the camera.
DO A KEGSTAND IF:
- Martin Gerber shuts out the Sens.