Some morning headlines for you.
- Brian Elliott gets the start in net, and the lineup remains the same. Yes, that means more Chris Campoli at forward, and no Brodeur vs Brodeur in tongiht's game. (Sens Twitter)
- The Sun has an article on how Campoli and Jesse Winchester are adjusting to their new roles. Winchester, as you can imagine, is pretty thrilled with his promotion right now. (Sun)
- Will the Soo Greyhounds trade Sens goalie prospect Robin Lehner at the deadline to a Memorial Cup contender? There's some buzz about it, because the Hounds aren't likely to make a run, and Lehner's not likely to stay in the OHL next season. I should note that when I say trade Lehner, I mean strictly within the OHL -- he would remain in the Sens organization. (Sault Star)
- Ottawa is getting another hockey team, one in the, uh, Federal Hockey League. (Sun)
- Canada's World Junior Squad headed to the RCMP Academy Depot Division for team building, which is apparently a euphemism for a Sergeant Major mocking a bunch of kids. He even busted out a Celebrity Roast quality line on Sens prospect Jared Cowen, making fun of the stubble on his face: "Did you shave with a rock this morning?" (Vancouver Sun)
Remember to check back here tonight around game time as we'll have a preview/game day thread to chat about tonight's game against the New Jersey Devils.