The biggest game of the season so far? Perhaps, in a way, it is. One thing is for sure: The Senators, and the players whose roles Dany Heatley had taken issue with, will certainly see this as a statement game. Ottawa's playing a much more committed team game right now, and it would be great to show how effective a good coach's winning formula can be.
Some things to watch out for:
- Heatley, who's on pace for a career-high 52 goals so far this season, only has one in his last four games.
- Joe Thornton, on the other hand, is on a seven-game assist streak, with 12 assists in that span.
- Ryan Clowe has a six-game point streak, too, with 3G and 4A over those games.
- Ottawa's only streak is Jason Spezza's two-game point streak.
- Since taking over the starter's role part way through the Nov. 21 game against Buffalo, Brian Elliott has gone 3-1-1 in Ottawa's net with a 2.49 GAA and a .915 SP.
- The Sharks are putting Thomas Greiss in nets tonight for his sixth start of the year. Greiss is 2-2 with .897 SP and a 3.19 GAA.