Here's a quick and dirty update on the Ottawa Senators, gathered from stories around the web:
- The lineup is the same as last game. Peter Regin and Ryan Shannon will sit out, while Pascal Leclaire starts in net. The sound you just heard is Regin complaining that he doesn't have a $3M/year contract and wasn't just acquired in a trade for Dany Heatley. (Twitter)
- Your Prediction Panel for today, with the majority picking the Sens to win (although a good chunk figuring it'll be the Pens). As always, be sure to check out Peter's take on tonight's game. (Citizen)
- Our friends at Pensburgh have a little preview of their own for tonight's game. (Pensburgh)
- More people raising concerns about the not-so-full arena on gameday. (Sun)
- How did I not know that the Toronto Raptors flash Daniel Alfredsson on the jumbotron during opposing team's foul shots to get the crowd to boo? Should the Sens flash Steve Downie on the scoreboard? Or maybe Alexei Yashin? (Citizen)
- Sens goalie prospect Robin Lehner got his first OHL shutout last night, as the Sault St. Marie Greyhounds won 7-0 over the Sudbury Wolves. (Canadian Press)
- Red Wings fans have every right to be pissed about the no-goal call last night, but they can take solace in knowing they didn't get the worst reffing yesterday. No, that honour goes to the Ireland's soccer/football team, who won't play in the World Cup because of a blatant hand ball that led to a goal. Just brutal.
- UPDATE: The Sens have put their Score program online for you to read, which is great. I'll draw your attention to page 50, the "Alfie Knows" Nike ad. Amazing. (Score Mag)
As always, we'll have our own game preview/open game thread for you to read and chat in during the game. Hope to see you when the puck drops!